Design & Development Project Manager – Medical Devices
RBC Medical Innovations seeks an ambitious, professional Project Manager for the Projects Group to design and execute medical device project management strategy and tactics. This role requires demonstrated leadership capability and deep knowledge of the project management process including expertise to fulfill projects and produce satisfaction with our Clients. This role will execute all aspects of the project management process from initiating, scoping, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, closing and learning.
The person accepting this role will produce the authority, be accountable and be well-compensated to achieve RBC’s and RBC’s client commitments. For the experienced project management professional with meaningful accomplishments in the medical device industry, our entrepreneurial environment provides tremendous potential for professional growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage $500k to $10M projects with durations of 6-24 months
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams ranging in size from 10-30 RBC engineers and support staff
- Identify requirements in the medical device industry to produce products that meet regulatory standards for market release
- Effectively manage competing project constraints including scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources and risk
- Manage stakeholders in meeting project requirements and producing project deliverables
- Fulfill and satisfy clients to build strong relationships in the medical device industry that enable repeat business and low cost marketing
- Anticipate and resolve project conflicts using risk management methodologies
- Support development of business-winning proposals in cooperation with the RBC team
- Develop, improve and maintain RBC’s product development practices
- Maintain a professional demeanor, appearance and work environment
- Ability to travel and visit clients and suppliers
Successful candidates will have the following background & characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Project/program management experience with a minimum of 5 years in medical device or consumer/computer electronics industries
- Proven capacity and competency to lead projects from initiation through manufacturing
- Competence in communication, organization and leadership. Ability to filter and distill relevant information for a specific audience
- Demonstrated ability to execute all aspects of the project management process from initiating, scoping, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, closing and learning for multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Verbal and written communication skills which enables effective communications with all project stakeholders from client executives to project support staff
RBC Medical Innovations: Small-company culture with the support of large corporate benefits!
RBC is a rapidly growing medical device contract development and manufacturing firm that has supported the medical device industry since 1994. We focus on constantly defining new offers, practices and strategies; thus, enabling our clients to launch new, innovative life-saving medical devices into the marketplace. We support clients worldwide, including 7 of the top 20 medical device companies as well as established and start-up organizations who will be future industry leaders.
As reported by our employees, adjusting to the fast-paced environment and high standards for performance is challenging, but once they do, they can’t imagine themselves working anywhere else.
RBC Medical Innovations values a diverse team and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit www.rbccorp.com.
Challenging, creative work environment
- World-class team of engineers and designers
- Flexible work schedule
- Rich benefit package including:
- Fully paid, medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability